Friday, 8 January 2010

December was not a good month

I spent 3 weeks in bed with a leg injury (it was not good company LOL :-) At times, unable to put any weight on my leg I found myself having to crawl to get to the bathroom.


Then my daughter's horse, Elswyth, was diagnosed with an irrepairable foot problem, so there was no choice, we had to put her down. Needless to say, we were devasteted.


Kathy riding Izzy (her stable name) side-saddle at Harold's Park Farm, October 2009


Izzy will be greatly missed.

~~~~

And then my Mum had another fall and was taken to hospital. At almost 92 she was very frail and sadly passed away in the early hours of Christmas morning.
My emotions are mixed, I am relieved that she is now at peace & she was dreading the thought of getting frailer & having to go into a care home, but well, she was my mum.


Iris Primrose Maud Turner (nee Jones)1918-2009